Your thoughts...

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by WillC, Mar 29, 2009.

1. WillC

WillC Well-Known Member

I have a 2000 2.5RS and I am thinking of getting some STI kind of seats to put in, what are your thoughts on this? I am also thinking of upping the exhaust from stock to the STI sound... anyone have any ideas/thoughts.

2. KSAL

KSAL Well-Known Member

talk to speedemon he has STi front and rear seats for sale right now in great shape and for an awesome price. As for the exhaust i am looking to do the same on my 98 impreza as well. it sounds good, not to loud. just enough

http://www.mnsubaru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31087 (seats)

3. 9blackmax6

9blackmax6 Well-Known Member

if you want the "sti sound"

you will need Un equal length headers, borla, or borla replica's found on ebay. you will also need a louder catback exhaust. the sti exhaust is louder than stock but still too quiet.

4. SubiDG

SubiDG Member

^
    what he said

5. stiv5

stiv5 Well-Known Member

I have everything of what was mention above on my GC minus the STi seats and I love the sound. You should be able to find the whole STi exhaust system for under $150. Its a cheap way of upgrading from stock.

6. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

...the whole STi exhaust system doesn't fit a N/A gc.

7. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Depending on how big you are there are better seats out there than the STI units. If you're a smaller/skinnier type then look for something in the Sparco or Recaro street seats. I'm running a Sparco Torino in mine and love it.

8. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

The sti exhaust is going to sound like ass on an n/a car with unequal length headers, it will have the worst rattle/rasp ever.

9. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

Just get a UEL Borla header (or the OBX knockoff) and OBX catback. Not sure if they're still selling the cheap OBX exhaust stuff on ebay for GC/GM's...it's been a little while since I've looked for stuff like that.

10. 9blackmax6

9blackmax6 Well-Known Member

Obx's are equal length I think...

It will sound rather raspy during the colder months but once it warms upit will become more throaty and alot less raspy.

Also.. The Sti exhaust doesn't fit on your car, you need to cut and re weld the flange to bolt up. After you go through all that work you will not be pleased with the sound. Its going to be way too quiet. Go with an aftermarket catback but try your hardest to stay away from the fart cans it will just sons more ricey

11. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

Oh ya, that's right. Aren't there some Borla replicas out there though?