HOW NOT TO ACT PART 3: The Urinal is Self Cleaning.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by xAciDx, Nov 5, 2018.

1. xAciDx

xAciDx BANNED

So i just purchased a 2019 WRX I plan on doing some cosmetic MODS in the near future and I was wondering if anyone in the Mankato area would be willing to help me install any of them? I am also willing to help with installs although I am somewhat of a noob when it comes to Modding cars but if you just need a second to follow instructions I'm down ;P

It's been a while since we've had one of these, but like the changing of the seasons, they always return.

Interestingly enough, the Spidey-Sense for soggy trolls was pinging like crazy for more than a few members early on in this thread. A couple people even invoked "Taras-like typing detected." What with the "I need help, gimme your opinions and thoughts....WAIT, NOT THOSE OPINIONS AND THOUGHTS! You guys are trolls" flow of responses.

It started off pretty tame, started back-sliding a bit, then it seemed to start coming back around and that the situation would be salvaged. But then, like the many before this one, he tripped on his own dick and slid into a vortex of stupid.

-readymix

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2018
  2. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

I know how to install stickers does that help?

3. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

It might help if you were a little more specific about what you're installing.

xAciDx and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  4. xAciDx

xAciDx BANNED

A short list of what I want to start with is Body kit: Front Lip, Side Skirts, Rear Spats possibly a OEM type Rear Diffuser and vortex generator. Then sequential Tail lights, head lights, fog lights and splitter. I do eventually plan on doing power mods other then my access port but I think I am going to have them professionally installed and then tuned to be safe.

5. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

You should have those body parts professionally installed as well. Although I suppose the factory panel gaps are terrible to begin with.

readymix, xAciDx, Mnelson and 2 others like this.
  6. xAciDx

xAciDx BANNED

There aren't really any subaru dealerships in my area to do quick installs... if no one wants to help maybe point me towards some body shops that do good work for decent price? Some of the above MODS I can probably do myself after some research on Youtube I like to avoid common mistakes when doing installs so I usually watch several including installs done by professionals.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  7. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

no oversized wheels with stretched tires? no care.

8. Kneel Weiß

Kneel Weiß FUMP BDI Staff Member

None of these applications you listed are quick installs. As others have said, if you aren't wanting to do the work, a quick google search will bring up anything around you...I pulled up 5. Also also, I would expect to pay a decent amount in labor for the install. Most shops are $100-$150 per hour. So do what you feel comfortable with.

If you want to learn what to do, youtube and google.

A lot of the members here are in the cities, so the ability to travel to you for body work is a bit tough.

xAciDx likes this.
  9. xAciDx

xAciDx BANNED

Some of them are definately quick especially the rears spats and vortex generator. Also the tail lights i want are plug and play each of these should take less then an hour I plan on doing those alone anyway... I don't expect anyone to come to me either I can come to anyone willing to help me and ill come to you to help with future installs in return...

10. xAciDx

xAciDx BANNED

I can put wheels on myself

11. idget

How much of a noob are you?

I might be able to help but I wouldn't want a nooooob noob's help in return.

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  12. curly2k3

He would take boihole bucks or pokemons as currency.

joebush44 likes this.
  13. derp

derp Well-Known Member

why is 'MODS' in all capital letters?

14. idget

Probably an acronym. No idea what for. Guesses?

15. curly2k3

Muff Over Dicks Sally

16. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Munching On Dong Shapes?

Krazylegz1485 and GotGrip? like this.
  17. Fienix

Fienix Well-Known Member

Multiple Orgasms Dysfunctional Subaru

18. Mikhail

Mikhail Well-Known Member

xAciDx likes this.
  19. Mikhail

also Mighty Ovulating Dick Squirt

Aegis likes this.
  20. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Buy 2019 car. Change everything about it immediately.

MODS!

Aegis likes this.
  21. xAciDx

xAciDx BANNED

Wow lots of douche bags here... im going to ignore all the smart ass comments if anyone has something intelligent or helpful to say I am listening.

blackozone likes this.
  22. Cotts612

Cotts612 Well-Known Member

:facepalm:

23. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I tried to do the side skirts on my BRZ after some body work was done and it was a nightmare. Should be straightforward, but wasn’t(because double sided tape). If i had it to do over again, i would have paid. Cooks Auto off of Hwy 36 and White Bear Ave did an awesome job on the body work. I’m sure they’d do the install. But it’s a haul from Kato!

Welcome new guy! Don’t get too offended by the goofs and their weiner talk.

-Josh

xAciDx likes this.
  24. idget

And now I definitely won't be helping.

drac77, Aegis and Mnelson like this.
  25. derp

derp Well-Known Member

MNsubiez will probably love you when you inevitably end up over there because we didn't coddle you, you can bitch about us with the rest of them.

Sorry we're not jumping over ourselves to help you rice your car out.

drac77 and Mnelson like this.
  26. xAciDx

xAciDx BANNED

I don't get offended i have thick skin. There are trolls on every forum I just ignore them and respond to legit people. I was watching on youtube that if you leave the film on the tape and have a couple inches hanging out you can get it into position then pull the film off the tape. Then drill it into place... it takes 2 people to get the position and hold it in place while you pull it out. Thats mainly what im looking for friends in my area to help out. Not looking for people to drive down from the cities. Anyway thanks for the positive responce.

27. xAciDx

xAciDx BANNED

If you don't have anything to add or want to help out move on to the next thread same for the rest of the children here. Now let the adults have an intelligent conversation.

28. Fienix

Fienix Well-Known Member

You must pay homage to the perpetual hazing that is MNSubaru, young one.

readymix likes this.
  29. derp

derp Well-Known Member

That's the thing though, you're not having an intelligent conversation. You walked in here talking about throwing a body kit on your car, capitalizing random words and letters, and generally presenting yourself as the type who would fit in better on the local facebook group rather than a forum inhabited by a group of people who are far and away more focused on driving and performance over purely cosmetic crap. We're also a fairly tight-knit group of folks, I'm one of the 'new guys' and I've been here since 2012.

The folks here are usually pretty generous and helpful, but if you come in with a big chip on your shoulder because you're not immediately getting catered to the way you think you're entitled to, you're going to have a bad time.

readymix, drac77 and Aegis like this.
  30. Mnelson

Mnelson Well-Known Member

Alright hang on..

The first few comments were incredibly valuable if you would have realized how much experience hid behind them.

Just because someone tells you to leave it to a professional, doesn't make them a douchbag. They are saying "free help will cost more than experienced professional shop time".

Edit: I realized you mistook our humor for douchary and not the legitimate help... Without this kind of humor, mns is nothing.

You cant expect to walk into a new bar and ask for the 'regulars' discount... It's not an iou either. Your immediate contributions to mns so far has netted more positive help than most new members usually* get.

If you have to tell us your skin is thick, then it probably isn't. Think we're just being trolls? Fine... But if you plan to stick around, take a minute and check out some of the stickied threads started and realize how the community reacts to different kinds of bs.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Aegis likes this.
  31. xAciDx

xAciDx BANNED

Cunning display of intelligence i must say and legit help right here. I must have a chip for thinking this might be douche baggery. Thanks for your donation of time I think I'll stick around and see how much time i can get trolls to waste responding to my posts.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  32. xAciDx

xAciDx BANNED

Douche bag comment was directed towards those that were making unintelligent jokes not giving advice. Telling me to get it done professionally was good advice but I want to do as much myself as I can. I want to learn how to do things not just spend all my cash paying someone to do it for me. If you don't want to help or live far away this post wasn't directed towards you. It says people in the Mankato area that want to help. You don't want to help fine great hit the back button read another post your interested in. Trolling new members isn't the way to gain more members who could later contribute.

33. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Since you keep responding to me, I must be pretty legit.

34. xAciDx

xAciDx BANNED

yeah, legit douche bag.

blackozone likes this.
  35. Mikhail

He is more of a nozzle than a bag.

36. Mikhail

If i was going to try and do something like this i would want to practice on something first or at least watch it get done a few times. Maybe see if a shop will let you buy them pizza/beer to watch a body kit install?

37. tangledupinblu

Damage to paint on a brand new car is definitely what i was most concerned with. Either way, if you are all worked up to do it then go for it.

The thing that you’ll NEED to learn about your Subaru and is the most VALUABLE to have in your back pocket is how to pull your engine. :thumbup:
    66D0B247-242E-4921-9924-ACA5C2DA428F.jpeg

xAciDx likes this.
  38. tangledupinblu

He’s been called much worse.

xAciDx and derp like this.
  39. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

By much better people, no less.

:coffee:

derp likes this.
  40. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

Your thread is a common thread in here. Someone new comes along posts a vague original post about what it is that they want. For future advice weather it be on this forum or another if you have a project already in mind start out with that information. Don't make the regulars guess at what project you have in mind. As already stated there is a lot of knowledge on this forum and a lot of people that your referring to as "childish douche bags" are some of the very knowledgeable people. They are just sick and tired of people coming in here and expecting us to play 100 questions with the original poster to get down to the root of what it is they want from us.

So now with that out of the way the next bit of information I can give is just let whats happened so far go and move forward and not continue to banter back and forth with the regulars you are already on a bad side with. If you show a willingness to let that go and a willingness to be a part of the group and contribute in some way or another you will fit in just fine. Continue with the stance you have started with in this thread and your going to have a bad time here and leave because honestly none of us are going any where.

Lastly the mods your looking at doing can be done by you no questions asked there. But body work is one of the more difficult things to do when it comes to vehicles and that is why a lot of places charge a premium for it. Sure you and a couple buddies can throw on whatever kit it is you are looking to put on your car but odds are it is going to look like crap and take you 1000x longer to do it. Its not going to happen right the 1st time. You are going to be taking it on and off a half dozen times before you get it right. All the advice and watching of this project under the sun isn't going to help with a job like this. Practice practice practice is the only way you will get this to look the way you want it to.

So if it was my car and my project I would start with 1st getting a quote on what it would cost various shops to do the job then determine if having them do it is money well spent. In the end it prob would be worth just having a shop do this job if your dead set on doing this.

Good Luck.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    xAciDx likes this.
  41. Mikhail

I thought i already did that? :D

42. Mnelson

Mnelson Well-Known Member

Then take my advice.. Learn on something other than a $30k+ car.

Most of the people here know I'd be the first to drive all of the way down to help a fellow mns member, whether it be pulling a blown motor or helping them finish the beer off. But I personally wouldn't test my skills on someone else's car that could permanently damage it. That's just me but it sounds like most everyone feels that way too.

Body work takes a lot more than a screw driver. Learning requires failure and that isn't a car you want to do that with. Unless you have deep ass pockets. One of the stickies I sent is an example of how not to mod the body of a car (I guess more how not to sell it after doing so). Learn from others mistakes so you don't have to make them.

The other stickies around here are examples of how to treat each other. Being on a forum doesn't excluded you from real life communication skills. Read the room and do your homework on who your dealing with. We all joke in a weird way and that's what makes mns so interesting.

By the way, @JasonoJordan and @ShortytheFirefighter were saying the same thing in different ways. That's how mns works. And @derp is derp. He's like our big dumb idiot mascot we all love, but he closer resembles a sandpaper dildo.

drac77, blackozone, xAciDx and 2 others like this.
  43. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

Sage wisdom. As I always say, "When it comes to modding a new off the lot subaru: The deeper the ass pocket, the better."

44. Kneel Weiß

Kneel Weiß FUMP BDI Staff Member

*snaps* All info put forward, even the assery, is credible here. I bought a 2013 BRZ brand new of the lot. Within a year I was planning major surgery and heavy mods. That being said, I made a help/info post (ill try to dig through the annals of the site to find it for you) and laid everything out. Wheels, exhaust, supercharger, shops, custom jobs, installs and tunes. So much that I learned was from a majority of the staff and regulars. Take it with some salt.

xAciDx likes this.
  45. curly2k3

Asks for help, offers no real info or incentive to help, gets butthurt and bitchy.

#mnsubarunoobs