Looking for a shop that installs user purchase parts

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Hamuga, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Hamuga

Hamuga Well-Known Member

Hi,

I bought a power steering pump(finally) and just never seem to have the time or tools to install it.
    Any recommendations for a shop in the lower half of Minneapolis/subs that would install user purchased parts?
    Thanks!

2. ocie

ocie Well-Known Member

It's in Osseo, but JM Auto will install parts purchased by the customer. They're open on Saturdays, too.

3. derp

derp Well-Known Member

that's literally the complete opposite end from 'lower half of minneapolis suburbs'. That said, they have a good reputation.

OP, most places will install user-supplied parts with the disclaimer that there is NO warranty on any of it, whereas if they install their parts there may be a warranty.

Can I ask what kind of car it's going on?

4. ocie

ocie Well-Known Member

You're right, but it's the only shop I have experience with, so I threw it out there.

5. Hamuga

Hamuga Well-Known Member

Hi, thanks for the responses. Osseous is a bit far for me.

It's a 2004 WRX. The current pump still works, sometimes, but it cuts out at the worst times. I need something more reliable that works all the time.
    I have looked up many different instal videos and threads across a ton of sites and I think my father and I could do it, I just don't know when either of us will have the time at the same time.
    I guess I really need to call around and get some estimates.
    Thank you!

6. iridium7777

iridium7777 Well-Known Member

parents automotive in south minneapolis may do something like that if you talked to them ahead of time.

7. belalegosi

belalegosi Well-Known Member

I'm in Richfield and can possibly do it this weekend. Depending on whether or not I get done with my bushings install.

EricS likes this.