Old member finding his way back

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by UnquenchableOne, Apr 14, 2011.

1. UnquenchableOne

UnquenchableOne Well-Known Member

Hello! It has been at least a couple years since I have posted so I thought id hit the welcome mat. Old alias was Chuanpreza. I still drive my silver 02 WRX with a few mods. I really like how things have progressed here! I will be posting up a little WTB thread for some tires.
    I wave to all you subie guys so perhaps you've seen me around still. Live in Bloomington now, TI3VOMU is my plate.

Well, after I get some tires I plan on stopping by the old friday hang out. :)

2. WillC

WillC Well-Known Member

I would look at the Firestone thread closely... come hang out at Lake Calhoun, Every Tuesday we meet up there. there is a thread for that here as well. Look forward to meeting you! and Welcome back!

3. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Welcome back, fella. Last time I saw you was at Ice Races a few years ago

4. UnquenchableOne

Hey! surprised ya remembered, yep, those were some crazy times!

5. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Welcome back, and your old account should still be good. Shoot me a PM if you want to get that account up and running again.

Russ

6. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

:wavey: Welcome back!

I think the last time I saw you was at Nate's Meineke for the hella horn install night.

7. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

I don't think I've seen you since the Duluth cruise a few years ago. Welcome back!

It's Luke, right?

8. UnquenchableOne

Yep! Hello there! Yeah, it may of been that long. My life went upside down and bam, no more fun stuff. Cannot believe you guys remember me though HAHA! Yeah, I was the guy that got his ears blasted as a demonstration of the power of those horns! Oh, and I am more than happy keeping my log in as this now, as it is my general alias anymore and I didn't have too many posts anyway. TY though.

9. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

I too remember you, welcome back!

10. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

Hey Luke.... I have wondered how you have been doing since all that stuff went down.... good to see you back around although I come here once every few days if at all... catch ya around...

11. UnquenchableOne

Hey everyone! I thought I would give a lil update and see how you guys are doing. I went to a couple meetups and a lan party with some of you over the past year but haven't been really keeping up to date. I have some exciting news so I thought I would share though!

My 02 wrx has been my sweet beauty since 01 and I have had so much fun with her. I mean, I have crazy stories and memories, but I think it is time for her to retire. I thought I would drive her till her dying day, but nope. She needs a new wheel bearing, has a lil ding in the front quarter panel, survived a hail storm, but her heart is still strong and is an amazing car.
    I thought it pretty cool that Subaru went from my 2.0 to a 2.5 and back to a 2.0, and when they did I started thinking of what it would be like to have a new car. Well, yesterday I ordered a dark grey 2017 wrx. I got it default besides blue interior lights, the good mirror, and a vortex generator for kicks. I am going a lil off typical though, because I am just dying to pair the dark grey with 18x8.5 orange OZ rims.
    The car they say will take 8-12 weeks to get from Japan, and the wheels are 90 days from Italy and since they are my summers, I wont play with the wheels till spring.

The dealership said they would take my 02, but after I logged on here I am thinking of maybe doing a sale thread and taking some pics of my car. Between hail dings, a side ding (lights and stuff fine) and the wheel bearing (deciding factor to update my car), she rides great and I have good rubber on my 18s, still have my stocker 16s and what ill prob miss most is just the sound of my invidia exhaust and spt intake (could hardly hear the turbo in the new car :( ).

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting to post a pic of the new car but thought I would do an update here in the meantime!

idget likes this.
  12. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Welcome back again... again.

Looking forward to pics of the new car!

13. UnquenchableOne

I got my new 2017 WRX today!!!! I sold my 02 WRX on Oct 11. - https://mnsubaru.com/threads/2002-silver-bugeye-wrx-sedan.51847/

TI3VOMU lives on!

Holding off on the orange OZ rims till spring. I have to put my rally armor flaps on in the morning. I'll probably try installing the screaming banshee horn on tomorrow or this weekend. The Blizzaks ill put on in a couple weeks it looks like since the temps are staying warm.

Had to put an orange world of warcraft horde logo on, just cuz, and carbon fiber license plate frames

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TMF and tangledupinblu like this.
  14. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Very nice. Haven't seen the old "TI3VOMU" mobile for a reeeeeally long time! Congrats on the new one!

-Josh

15. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Nice! I definitely vote orange wheels....I've been tempted to do orange wheels on my FRS, but just haven't pulled the trigger.

16. UnquenchableOne

Thanks guys! Haven't seen you in ages either Josh!
    I told the wife to put the flaps on before getting in the kitchen to make me a sammich
    She also ordered me more stickers...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tangledupinblu and TMF like this.
  17. UnquenchableOne

Had a min so put the stickers on.
    [​IMG]

tangledupinblu likes this.