Searching for '05-'09 Legacy GT in good shape

Discussion in 'Want To Buy : Cars/Parts' started by Platinum Coan, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Platinum Coan

Platinum Coan Well-Known Member

Time for a new daily and I'm looking for an '05-'09 Legacy GT. Must be manual, have a sunroof, and I would strongly prefer a wagon. Would prefer a completely stock car but that seems to be almost non-existent.

2. Ron

Ron Member

I been looking for also. Thinking of looking out side of mn.

3. derp

derp Well-Known Member

wagons were only available with a manual in 2005 and command a premium as a result. I may have one for sale in a month and a half or two.

4. Platinum Coan

I did not realize manual wagons were only available in '05, that helps explain why there seem to be so few of them out there. Can I assume the one you may have for sale soon is this one? That's one of the few that I came across for sale on here...

I'm definitely open to heading out of state for the right car, but even when I expand my search to neighboring states I'm having trouble finding anything.

5. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

Your correct on that is the one he purchased. They are difficult to find and deff even more so in decent shape.

6. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's that one. It won't be the same as in the ad though, as some will have transferred over to the next car and I've done some maintenance and stuff to it.

7. Platinum Coan

Might come down to how soon you want to sell it. I'm probably going to need something sooner than that, but it's also very possible that it'll take me that long to find a decent one anyway LOL. Also, his asking price was definitely more than I was looking to spend, but I assume he was factoring the modifications into that price. To me, the more stock the better, so I have a hard time paying extra for modifications that I don't want.

That said, it's probably the cleanest one (rust free!) that I've seen for sale recently, so there's that...

8. derp

derp Well-Known Member

It'll be less modified, yeah. Probably still have the intercooler and downpipe and stuff, but I'd likely be able to dig up some stock stuff/transfer back and forth between cars to figure something out. I'm buying another white 05 wagon from Washington and driving it back (it's not publicly for sale, this is a private deal i worked out), and will make the end result that I want out of the leftover modified parts from my first wagon, this red one, and the new white one.

Only issue is I do have a loan on the vehicle. I've already spoken to my bank and won't have an issue with a release, but there is a bottom dollar I need to clear to pay the lien off, and I'd like to clear enough over that to cover TTL for the new one. Can I ask what your ballpark is?

9. Platinum Coan

My ideal price range is $7k to $8k, possibly a tad above that for the right car. Seems like I won't have too much trouble finding a manual sedan or an auto wagon for that price range, but I may need to make a decision about whether or not having a manual wagon is worth that extra premium to me.

10. JasonoJordan

Another option is you could go the route that @Navar Hren and I did and do the outback xt version. His is an manual. Mine because it was what I needed for the cars role is an auto. We both paid around the 8k price range.

11. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm a tad above the high end of that range.

12. JasonoJordan

@derp That said when the time comes if you don't plan to keep the upgraded intercooler let me know I'd be intereted.

13. Platinum Coan

That's good suggestion, I may open my search up to include Outbacks as well.

Well when the time comes for you to sell it, please let me know. If I don't have something else by then, we may be able to work something out. Rust free and proper maintenance are both big deals to me and that car seems to have both of those going for it.

14. JasonoJordan

Also unless you are really that set on the manual the 5eat is really not bad at all. Id be willing to give you a ride in mine if you want once I get the brakes and new tires on it.

15. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Depends on what I end up with. The Grimmspeed is going in the white one if I can make that purchase happen.

I will let you know once it's time to get things sold.

Platinum Coan likes this.
  16. JasonoJordan

In the original sale thread it said it had a mishimoto top mount. Thats the one I'm taking about.

17. derp

derp Well-Known Member

right, and I have a grimmspeed but don't know what the new one will come with and may not want to sell the mishi and have to retune the red one.

JasonoJordan likes this.
  18. Nick Carter

Nick Carter Member

I'm in the game for a turbo manual wagon @derp and will be for a while unless I find something excellent somewhat soon.

derp likes this.