Should I purchase 07 LL BEAN wagon?????

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jordie, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Jordie

Jordie New Member

Hi there,
    Cindy in Norfolk, Va.
    I am really interested in getting the older outback wagons...
    Preferably the ll bean h6.
    I have become cross eyed doing my homework reading about 2.5 and head gaskets vs h6 and their issues.
    Sooooooooo
    If you fix the 2.5 with sun star gaskets, timing belt, water pump, new radiator, belts etc...are you going to have the HG issue again????
    And can you tell me a good year for the 2.5 and H6......

I found an 07 ll bean with 163,000 1 owner but no real history on car fax of any work or how it was Maintained. Small little car dealer.
    It's clean, drove ok, exterior nice.....worth a pre inspection????
    What would need to be done realistically with these miles..?????
    To many miles?
    Not in a hurry to purchase....

Thank you,
    Cindy
    Norfolk, Va.

2. Niz

Niz Well-Known Member

If the HG replacement is done properly it should be good for the life of the car. My car had no service records and I made the mistake of not getting it inspected and it ended up needing the whole deal (HG, timing kit, spark plugs etc). The upside to that is now I know exactly what has been done to it and it should be problem-free for a while but I will not make that mistake again. Definitely get it inspected by a competent mechanic.

Hard to say if 163k miles is too much without knowing anything else about the car. It can definitely last a long time it was kept properly

Jordie likes this.
  3. Jordie

Jordie New Member

Hi Niz,
    Thank you for your reply...would you also do radiator as well?
    Any idea what all this might cost here in Va. HG, timing belt water pump , hoses,
    Thanks so much ...I'm trying to do the right thing.

4. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

You do know this is a Minnesota group, right?

As far as radiator replacement specifically, if it's not leaking why bother?

I was just casually shopping for pretty much the same things you're comparing. Something to consider is the H6 requires premium fuel and sounds like it doesn't really get great mileage either. I'm sure the added power is a nice benefit, tho.

Aegis likes this.
  5. Niz

Niz Well-Known Member

Unless something is wrong with the radiator there's no reason to replace it.

Not sure what it would all cost where you are. Probably at least $2,500-$3,000 if you're doing everything and with good parts

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  6. Jordie

Jordie New Member

7. Jordie

Jordie New Member

I may not know a lot about Subarus, but I do know how to read......Yes, I know this is a Minnesota site. I'm trying to gather as much info from as many places as possible to properly make a decision when I'm ready. Not only can I read, but smart too!
    And thank you, any info is much appreciated!

8. Jordie

Jordie New Member

Thanks Niz, that's what I'm looking for is a ballpark price to do it all. That way I know what I can afford to spend on the car it's self. Hopefully armed with facts about HG issues and faulty design, maybe a little something off the top. Because I'll bet most, not all, but most being sold with 70-120,000 have weeping, or leaking HG!!!!!!! I guess as far as the radiator, I've read about doing it while doing it all as they are going to go at done point. Just start everything a new!
    Thank you

9. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Not to be a complete douche, I was going to ask the same question Krazy did about you realizing this is a Subaru forum in Minnesota, but now that I know you can read, but smart too (glad you didn't use multiple exclamation points there because they would be unwarranted), I'm glad I didn't ask.

I'm also a little puzzled as to why someone with above average intelligence would think that a Minnesota forum member would have any sort of clue as to what automotive services cost in Virginia. But, maybe I not smart too!!!!!!!!!!

10. Jordie

Jordie New Member

Well douche bag it's quite obvious you are not interested in discussing Subaru's, but you do real well at being a jerk!!!!!!!! And pillboy says it all....a few too many prescription drugs???????? Hummmmm????????!!!
    Sadly, this is a sexest forum....it's obvious many men have a problem with women in your man cave.
    No worries, y'all need some southern warmth to thaw your ugly attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good day

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  11. BroCo

BroCo Moderator Staff Member

Ha! sexest? WTF

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  12. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

No, sexest. Like the most sex.

jubella2, pillboy and MrBlue like this.
  13. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Bwahhahahah! subscribed!

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  14. housemusic1

housemusic1 Well-Known Member

Holy crap. What the hell did I stumble upon? I was generally interested for the first few posts, and even willing to share from my own experience of owning an H6 Outback for the past 3 years.....then this $h!t went sideways in a hurry. Subscribed! I mean subscribed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I say buy it!

16. Cotts612

Cotts612 Well-Known Member

Buy the H6, do the maintenance, keep it forever! It wont let you down.

17. derp

derp Well-Known Member

In for shenanigans.

housemusic1 and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  18. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

I'm guessing she meant sexiest, so Ima taking that compliment.

After that reply I had to go back to the original post and reread it for the clues she was female...I kinda just skimmed over the name on my first read. Guess I don't know how to read.

I'm kind of reminded of some of the bat-****-crazy patients from my past that were noncompliant with their mental health medications. Not enough drugs is sometimes worse than too many. My recommendation is buy the damn car (without an inspection), and move to a state where recreational weed is legal and just chill out.

phi11 and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  19. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Wow. Real quick to play the sexism card, aren't you Cindy?

I'm pretty sure that people get called out around here for being obnoxious regardless of gender.

The ez30d (H6) in a 2007 is a great motor. I'd take that over the n/a ej25 any day unless gas mileage was the top priority.

tangledupinblu and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  20. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Oh hai what's going on in this thread?

:coffee:

21. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

More than one poster in this thread, other than the OP, is a girl or at least a girly man. I'm not telling who is who.

Also: Subscribed for sexey times.

Mnelson and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  22. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

It isn't that we don't want women in our man cave, as there are plenty of them in this cave. It's that we don't want stupid women in our cave, or stupid men for that matter.
    I like to think I've been a solid, equal opportunity monster over the years, I think I've been pretty fair with telling stupid people to pound as much sand as their little feet can pound. In fact, in my nearly 14 years on this site, I can't think of a single woman that I've had to tell to get lost.

So, with equal opportunity in mind, and to not be labelled a 'sexest', I'm going to break my long running streak of putting the boots to dumbass males, and allow this to be my first time telling a knuckledragger with a vagina to get ****ing lost.

You came here and asked a stupid question about Virginia service pricing from a forum full of Minnesotans. And someone pointed out the absurdity. Then you got the female version of butt-hurt about it (vag-hurt?) and lashed out and accused us of being "sexest." What color is the sky in your world? Oh, wait, is asking you about the color of the sky being "sexest?" I will admit, I'm not on the up and up about what is considered offensive to people based on their various combinations of X and Y chromasomes. If something I've said thus far has offended you as a woman for some reason, let me know so I can continue not giving a single **** about it, since my focus here is on the fact that you're being an excessively thin-skinned dip**** about this entire situation, and attributing someone's commentary on your misdirected line of questioning to "being sexest."

If communicating with people that have personalities that differ from the ones you scrawled in crayon in your padded playpen is difficult for you, DreamHost has some nice web-hosting packages that are affordable, and you can one-click-install a PHPBB forum instance...not that you'd need to since you're so ****ing smart, you can focus all that brain power on setting up your own forum. Call it VirginaSubaruRainbowFunZoneNoPenisesAllowed.com or something. And then you can spend all day telling all the people who join your new site how ****ing smart you are, about how your vagina makes all criticism of you a gender-based attack, and the intricacies of Virginia auto-mechanic service pricing.

Or you can stick around here for longer than 30 minutes, learn some things about Subarus, meet some really nice folks who have made this a thriving and inclusive car enthusiast community for a decade and a half, and stop being an internet martyr about every perceived slight to your femininity. Your call.

Mnelson, derp, Aegis and 4 others like this.
  23. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

CLOSE, BUT NEEDS MORE CAPS AND EXCITEMENT!!!!!

24. readymix

All caps is for dullards and Trump voters, which makes a venn diagram that looks like a total eclipse. I type with my finger tips like an upright and evolved human being, with developed fine motor skills that allow me to keep the saliva from falling out of my mouth when I breathe and speak (most of the time).

tangledupinblu likes this.
  25. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

This domain is available and only $11/year through namecheap!

curly2k3 and readymix like this.
  26. readymix

I should hurry and snap it up before miss smarty-pants grabs it and makes the most successful subaru discussion forum ever. Gotta get in on the ground floor if you want to rake in all the scratch.

FYI, for the visiting geniuses, "Scratch" is a slang term for currency, or "money," please don't misconstrue it as derogatory slang for the vagina.

27. curly2k3

What if, and I'm just spit-balling here... vagina = money? then vagina = scratch.

Jerf and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  28. readymix

Equating vaginas to money is sexest

29. curly2k3

and?

30. Jerf

Jerf Well-Known Member

This is what happens when you let women have rights.

31. curly2k3

Damn it, Jerf.

derp and Jerf like this.
  32. BroCo

BroCo Moderator Staff Member

And this is exactly what keeps me coming back to this amazing site!

This one is still my all time favorite. Post #13

https://mnsubaru.com/threads/fast-five-fast-and-furious-5-trailer.34344/#post-596673

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  33. readymix

That was a long time ago, good memory! Also, my feelings towards F&F franchise haven't changed. Though it seems now they have moved on to raping the corpse of Paul Walker instead of import car-enthusiasts.

34. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Your eloquence is why I fell in love with you

35. readymix

If you don't write a romance novel about it, you're "sexest."

36. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

37. Mnelson

Mnelson Well-Known Member

Subbing ferdalulz

38. derp

derp Well-Known Member

I'll make a thread. It'll be my magnum opus, perhaps even better than my Zack fistedbitch thread.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    BroCo likes this.
  39. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Magnum.
    Pronounced 'mahn-yoom'.
    (Or 'mahg-noom' if you favor the Germanic school of Latin pronunciation)
    ;)

40. derp

derp Well-Known Member

lol, fixed. i was tired.

41. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

This is not the thread I was looking for.... But I do have to say, it is hilarious.

42. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Sexest

readymix and Aegis like this.