The Official "Spotted" thread v2.0

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Ross Chambers, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Jason C

Jason C Well-Known Member

Cool! First time seeing your WRX there. I've seen the blue one numerous times when I take my dog in for grooming. Figured it must belong to an employee or something based on the frequency and where it was parked. Is it me or is your hood scoop larger than usual?

2. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Tis. It's a JDM STi scoop. Unfortunately had to pay a pretty penny for it but it's worth it the more I look at it. Kinda sad it's really only 1" taller than stock, but makes so much difference aesthetically (at least in my opinion).

What do you drive? I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    silver03 likes this.
  3. Jason C

Very cool. Yeah, it's subtle, but I think the larger scoop looks nicer. Probably flows more air to the intercooler?

I drive a 2017 Limited in WR blue. Pretty generic looking from all sides except the front where I installed a NBR-Challenge style light grille:

[​IMG]

I have since replaced the Subaru Pleiades emblem in front to give it a more factory look. I've not seen anyone else with the grille around, so I guess that might be a defining identifier for me. I haven't applied it yet, but I'll likely be sporting a Totoro sticker in back since my two sons love Totoro. Hope to see you around!

Krazylegz1485 and tangledupinblu like this.
  4. Krazylegz1485

I'm sure it does a little. They make a bigger splitter to go with it that better takes advantage of the added height, but I've still got the stock WRX tmic for now so the gains are probably pretty minimal.

The "cool" Subaru sightings are few and far between at the Pet Lodge, so yours will definitely stick out. I'll try to say hi if I see ya.

5. TacoSalad

TacoSalad Member

Couldn't get a picture but saw what appeared to be an STI'd Forester on a side street by Summit In St. Paul. I salivated.

Saw a 2.5rs in a different part of St. Paul too, driving around for work has its benefits

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  6. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Spotted this guy this morning heading south on 169 just north of 694 around 8:30am. Had a club sticker on the bottom left of the hatch window. Sounds nice!

IMG_3062.PNG

Spotted this later in the afternoon! Lol

IMG_3063.JPG

JesseJames and Kneel Weiß like this.
  7. MinnesotaFTW

MinnesotaFTW Well-Known Member

Female driven WRB blobeye WRX with just rallies, swoosh, and an exhaust. Sounded great! Was on Highway 5 and Peony Ln

8. STi_From_DSM

STi_From_DSM Well-Known Member

Saw a black 15-16 STi pull up next to us on 169 right before Champlin. Had rally armor flaps too. Looked nice.

9. JuStaWRX

JuStaWRX Well-Known Member

Parked outside of Plum's - not a Subie, but possibly someone on here? Also, thanks for serving! (EDIT: The photo doesn't show it well, but the F150 has Grimmspeed decals on the rear window)

Attached Files:

10. MinnesotaFTW

MinnesotaFTW Well-Known Member

In case anyone can't see (I didn't) it has a Grimspeed sticker.

Edit: Just saw your edit, whoops!

11. 15LegacyRyan

15LegacyRyan Member

Exchanged thumbs up on 42 with an 11+ wrb STI sedan. Had an exhaust, mud flaps... Sounded great! I could hear the turbo and the exhaust. Don't know if you're on here

12. Rilez33

Rilez33 Member

Roof rack?

13. 15LegacyRyan

15LegacyRyan Member

If I had to guess I'd say no, but it could've. It was dark out and I didn't see

14. 15LegacyRyan

15LegacyRyan Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg A couple 15+ WRB STI's. I've seen the one at the Burnsville mall a few times now. Other one is at the Burnsville chili's across the street. Both look awesome

Rilez33 likes this.
  15. Evil_Ed

Evil_Ed Active Member

The silver one, That'd be me :)

They're RokBlokz, stiffer than rally armors, but they seem to do the same job. Close enough. The factory tires were at 35k and with winter coming, it was time to upgrade.

So I swapped them out for some Sparco Terras and some BFG AT KO2s.

They sing to me the song of their people on my daily commute.

16. 05subieGT

05subieGT Well-Known Member

Spotted an 06-07 STi ripping through gears up to 140 MPH today in a ride along video that a friend sent me today. Pretty cool.

+Also just spotted a black 06-07 wrx in Burnsville. He did a little pull when he noticed I was behind him. Was stock but still cool either way! I'm stock too!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  17. tangledupinblu

How can a day filled with rallyX, sunshine, and friends/family get any better...?
    IMG_3285.JPG IMG_3289.JPG

...you spot your very first Subaru that you ever owned back home rallying where she belongs. That's how

Great day indeed!

18. ocie

ocie Well-Known Member

The STS9 sticker on the wing is by far the best mod. 20+ heady horsepower duuuuuuude.

Clem, Mayt and tangledupinblu like this.
  19. tangledupinblu

Parking garage on 2nd and Hennepin. Very nice!
    IMG_3299.JPG

20. wagonsrumble

wagonsrumble Member

Theres a couple subies I see at work regularly. But today I saw a blue gray debadged legacy gt in the parking lot and a silver bugeye sedan that looked stock picking up a patient on the main entrance/heart center side at mercy hispital. Looked super clean

21. Krazylegz1485

How is that thing so quiet? Also, could not believe how hard he was going out there for what looks like a pretty damn nice car, and maybe even slightly lowered. I was kinda in awe. Totally second guessing the idea of bringing my "nice" car out there after seeing the track.

22. tangledupinblu

It's stage 1 with stock exhaust! It's also on Tein lowering springs and had 18" summer wheels! Lolol. He did a fantastic job for never rallyxing before(especially with all of that going on)!

And fwiw, that front bumper and hoodscoop are rattle canned with GrimmSpeed WRB!

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  23. ocie

ocie Well-Known Member

I drove over to another building for a meeting this morning and spotted this awesome STI.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There was also a 2014 WRX hatch next to it, but it was gone when I came back to take a picture. If either of you are on here, we're coworkers. :thumbup:

24. toyotanos

toyotanos Well-Known Member

I drove with a Pearl White WRX, ~08+ on 394 today a bit before noon. We exchanged waves, wanted to see if you're on here. I was in the Black bugeye wagon. Good times!

25. JesseJames

JesseJames Well-Known Member

26. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

Spotted @tangledupinblu on White Bear Ave in Maplewood this evening while I was waiting to cross by Cub in my bugeye. Sounded nice!

tangledupinblu likes this.
  27. tangledupinblu

Dayum! You should have chased me down! We could have had a bugeye photo shoot for the November photo contest, lol

I live about 1 mile from that Cub. Hit me up when you are in the area again!

28. TacoSalad

TacoSalad Member

I work super close to that area

29. TacoSalad

TacoSalad Member

Saw a mighty fine looking newer white STI sedan while I was eating at Canes in Apple Valley. Had some sort of windshield banner and I think an mnsubaru sticker on the side, not sure since I've never actually seen one In person (lol noob). Sounded real nice.

30. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

Maybe I should've since I don't have a photo to submit yet. I normally don't go through Maplewood (I was stopping by a body shop we're partnered with). I'll let you know when I'm around there again.

31. atacamaR

atacamaR Well-Known Member

I knew I recognized that car. It parks 5 houses away from me. As of a few days ago it's rocking gold painted stockers and looks ready for winter.

32. tangledupinblu

He drove about 3 blocks after lodging mud in his rims at the rallyx and came right back. Said "the car was shaking like crazy!" I lended him my jack and he swapped the goldies on. Assuming that they are still on there from that!

Mud is great at unbalancing wheels! Lol

33. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Current-gen WRB STI with an "East Coast Timing Association" "200MPH Club" license plate frame by Eden Prairie Center around 4:00PM this afternoon. Not sure if the driver or the car was the club member.

34. Cotts612

Cotts612 Well-Known Member

Today In Richfield I saw a black forester with the red swoosh sticker off of Lyndale and 73rd, and a wrb wrx hatch and white sedan parked next to each other at the Best buy mobile on 66th. Cars!

35. tangledupinblu

Right now at White Bear Subaru....

Member...
    IMG_3647.JPG

And ER-MAH-GEEEEEERD NSEX!!!
    IMG_3648.JPG

$195,200...thought about asking them about financing. Lol

MN_XV_712, Krazylegz1485 and Cotts612 like this.
  36. Krazylegz1485

Black bugeye WRX this morning on 610. Lifted and snorkel equipped. Looked pretty bitchin' from my side of the road.

37. Jason C

Followed a couple WRXs onto I90 headed eastbound from Hwy52 southbound this Thanksgiving morning. One was a WRB 2015+ with an exhaust and some very handsome aesthetic mods, and the other was a dark grey previous gen sedan with an exhaust that sounded great going up the on-ramp to I90. I was riding stealth in my wife's silver Honda CR-V on our way to my wife's parents in LaCrosse, WI for Thanksgiving dinner.

38. tangledupinblu

Spotted this guy out front of my place this morning. He made the 22 hour drive from Texas to have Turkey with us. :)

IMG_3829.JPG

Terry Ammerman likes this.
  39. briancustoms

briancustoms Well-Known Member

Drove alongside a dark gray or black WRX hatch yesterday just before 5pm on 169s. Guy really likes The Chive, giant green stickers on the back "KCCO CHIVE ON KCCO".

40. Clem

Clem Active Member

Didn't get a chance to snap a picture, but saw a very clean SWP WRX/STI parked next to a slammed yellow Audi outside of Baker's Ribs/Leeann Chin in Eden Prairie today. If I wasn't with a coworker, I would've parked the FXT right there and gotten a photo.

41. Jason C

Parked next to another WRX at my office building parking lot. Mine is the one on the left.

[​IMG]

42. briancustoms

briancustoms Well-Known Member

Thanks to the guy in the nice silver WRX hatch with black wheels and blue tipped dual exhaust for the perfect timing giving up his parking spot at the West End Shops tonight.

43. JuStaWRX

JuStaWRX Well-Known Member

Spotted a nice 15+ Silver Wrx/Sti lowered, wheels, JDM third brake light and some kind of anime stickers on the drivers window, getting into 35w north from 94 a little before 8pm last night.

44. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

Saturday 12/3 around 830 am on 252S and than 94E I was riding in my 05 grp legacy gt sedan and was within a car length or two of my clone, a 2005 grp Legacy GT sedan. We passed each other several times over a few miles. I was excited...before I was crushed. I suspect:
    1. This was the guys first Subaru
    2. It was stolen
    3. He borrowed it
    4. He didn't know what kind of car he was driving
    5. His eyesight is extremely poor
    ...because not once did he look over and offer a friendly wave, thumbs up (or down), horn honk, light flash or anything to acknowledge his Subaru twin brother. Has he not read the code!

45. Terry Ammerman

Terry Ammerman Well-Known Member

Sadly, these are just cars to a lot of people.

Krazylegz1485 and Wolfcastle like this.