What did you do to your subaru today?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by PRA4SNO, Jul 13, 2008.

1. JuStaWRX

JuStaWRX Well-Known Member

This looks so legit! Awesome looking foz! Would love to pick your brain on how you're liking that suspension set up, especially through the seasons. Keep the photos coming!

Clem likes this.
  2. Clem

Clem Active Member

Thanks! So far so good. Still playing around with the dampening... fine tuning. Cornering and braking are very nice now. I'd like to get some new rubber to really test out the setup. I'll definitely keep you posted... might start up and SJ thread. Would be cool to connect with some local SJ XT enthusiasts.

JuStaWRX likes this.
  3. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Quick "fall colors" photo shoot!

IMG_2997.JPG

Takalak, ocie, JuStaWRX and 3 others like this.
  4. UnquenchableOne

UnquenchableOne Well-Known Member

Well my new WRX comes in next Thursday! As I wait, I keep purchasing more and more stuff.
    Winter tires = Check
    Mud flaps = Check
    screaming banshee horn = Check
    Logitech zero touch phone mount = Check / Just got this from amazon today. Pretty fun software for it and the magnet is hella strong. Hoping it fits in the space under the AC controls, in front of the shifter.

Waiting to order the OZ Alleggerita HLT 18 x 8.5 rims in Orange, and Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, till I get the car. Guess it takes 60 days from Italy anyway so I wouldn't be putting them on till spring.

Dealership said it would be over 400 for installing fog lights, so I am looking for some after market ones that are good.

Takalak likes this.
  5. MinnesotaFTW

MinnesotaFTW Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    New headers and removing the engine! Still waiting on a new clutch + TOB before the new engine will be put in. Someone please sell me those two!!!

Takalak likes this.
  6. JuStaWRX

Excited to see the pics! I know when I was looking at after market fogs, I found countless great reviews about the Morimoto XBs. I know that they make them for the WRX and the Forester. Eventually I do hope to upgrade to those!

7. MinnesotaFTW

I don't recommend getting an engine out of the car with a bobcat.

[​IMG]

Takalak, EricS, silver03 and 2 others like this.
  8. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

Is that a 2.2? Don't think those headers will work on your single port engine.

9. JuStaWRX

Put on the winters and ran through the Holiday touchless wash...and then it rained. +1 for unlimited passes.

10. ocie

ocie Well-Known Member

I got my windows tinted 35% this morning, installed the Kartboy short shifter and put a K&N high-performance air filter in. Tomorrow is oil change time with T6 and a PureONE oil filter.

The short shifter is 10/10 would recommend. Wish I had done it sooner!

11. MinnesotaFTW

Like I mentioned in another thread,

I'm a dumb ass.

EricS likes this.
  12. Jason C

Jason C Well-Known Member

Today, I added a LED strip in my trunk to improve the lighting. I was sick of the dim stock bulb and got a 5m roll of waterproof self adhesive 4000k LEDs off Amazon and fashioned a plug for the strip that fits in the stock socket. Not a very impressive mod, but it makes looking for things in the trunk a lot easier in the dark. Only cost me about $15 in total.

The plug is a piece of plastic that I cut grooves in and attached two wires to so that it is virtually identical in dimension to the original bulb it replaced. The wires are actually melted in place into the plastic with a hot soldering iron. The whole mess is shrink wrapped together:

[​IMG]

The plug in stock socket:

[​IMG]

End result:

[​IMG]

Not too bad. Think I'll do a similar mod with the leftover LEDs in my wife's CR-V.

Takalak, EricS, CarpalTomO and 2 others like this.
  13. MinnesotaFTW

That looks amazing for night time.

14. TacoSalad

TacoSalad Member

Got my new clutch and a bevy of grimmspeed parts installed last week, spent the weekend and yesterday putting miles on the clutch, preparing for a tune. Car sounds better, really really deep and surprisingly quiet. Inside the cab, especially in the passenger seat the turbo is much louder and more responsive with the new parts

15. tangledupinblu

IMG_3245.JPG

Takalak, Cotts612, JuStaWRX and 2 others like this.
  16. Evil_Ed

Evil_Ed Active Member

Did this the other week:

[​IMG]

Edited to add - Sparco Terras, BFG AT KO2s.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    Takalak, EricS, TMF and 2 others like this.
  17. tangledupinblu

Very nice!!

18. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

just purchased a JDM engine for my bugeye. I Should get it by next weekend hopefully. Gunna run the AVCS also with a JDM ECU.

Takalak and tangledupinblu like this.
  19. tangledupinblu

Rallyrallyrally!! What a beautiful day to get dirty. Congrats to Sheenis, who had the fastest lap of the day!

IMG_3286.JPG IMG_3288.JPG

Takalak, idget, Krazylegz1485 and 9 others like this.
  20. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Nice driving you guys! I wish they did a top time of the day trophy...Sheen's run was smoking fast.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  21. tangledupinblu

Yes it was! And i agree totally!!!!

22. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Lowered the back of the Outback for the weekend...
    [​IMG]

We loaded 10 boxes of books into it, and while we were in the neighborhood, stopped at UPull and nabbed a set of '98 Forester wheels. Then grabbed a few things at my parents house, etc. etc.

Despite hitting the bump stops fairly regularly, the car drove very well all the way back up north.

23. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

I thought the wheels on the roof were a clever form of rollover protection...

24. Takalak

Takalak Well-Known Member

25. Takalak

Put on the steel tube bumper, sti suspension, and winter wheels (steelies with blizzaks). #Wintermode Just need to get an alignment now. Thanks for hooking me up with Jeff's contact info mnsubaru.

tangledupinblu and ocie like this.
  26. ocie

ocie Well-Known Member

I put my OEM wheels with Nitto SN2 winter tires on last night and finally installed my Kartboy shifter bushings. I wish I had done the bushings sooner so I could have enjoyed them with my summer wheels/tires, but I'll have plenty time to get used to the Kartboy short shifter, bushings and heavy shift knob allllll winter.

I sent Jeff an email today too. He worked on my previous car, so having him align my WRX is only right.

Takalak likes this.
  27. MidnightImpreza

MidnightImpreza Well-Known Member

Winterizing tonight! IMAG1293.jpg

Takalak and TMF like this.
  28. clajiness

clajiness Well-Known Member

Snow shoes are ready for tomorrow! (and a trip to Duluth this weekend)
    IMG_0110.jpg

Takalak, JuStaWRX, TMF and 1 other person like this.
  29. Takalak

Cool. Im glad. I got an appointment next Saturday. I have faith my tires hold out till then. Did my best to just eyeball the alignment for now. Lol. Stock suspension is so cushy love it. Maybe ill see u there.

30. ocie

ocie Well-Known Member

My appointment is on Monday. :thumbup:

I'm sure you'll be fine until then. Unless you were in desperate need of an alignment already, not a big deal.

31. UnquenchableOne

UnquenchableOne Well-Known Member

Waxed the car on Thursday then installed the ice tires. Also put new blades on the MRS forester and new headlight bulbs.

Winter has come.
    [​IMG]

32. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Headlight restoration (wet sand and urethane) on the Outback:
    [​IMG]

Hakkas on the 97 Legacy. Intake reassembled for the XT6. Hakkas for the Outback should be here today.

Picture of the "fleet" from yesterday. 97 Legacy, 04 Outback, 89 XT6, 84 Brat, 87 4Runner, 91 Celica

[​IMG]

33. ocie

ocie Well-Known Member

Jeff must have said, "I hate this, I don't wanna do it anymore" about a dozen times during the time it took to complete the alignment.

[​IMG]

Not a single complaint. Took it for a drive afterwards to take care of an errand - great work.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    TMF and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  34. Cotts612

Cotts612 Well-Known Member

Initiated winter mode today with the winter tires. Roof rack, fairing and ski rack will have to wait until, you know, we have snow.

35. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Did the rear brakes on my wife's Outback last night...thankfully not a single issue nor squeak when they were done! Funny how you get better at working on cars once you have the right tools and have done the job 100's of times.

I also finished The Great Winter 2015 Tire Swap and Storage Dance! Bagging and storing 4 sets of tires is so much fun...2 extra sets for the FRS, my summer set for the FXT, and of course the summer set for the wife's outback (because I just had to talk her into snow tires). I'm looking forward to not lifting a single tire until April.

Cotts612 likes this.
  36. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Brand-new 215/65r16 Hakka R2s mounted on '98 Forester 16x6.5 +48 5-spoke alloys mounted on the Outback last night (in place of the OE 225/60r16s). Also did an oil change for good measure.

37. clajiness

clajiness Well-Known Member

Heard a pop and saw my TPMS light come on just north of Pine City this morning on our way to Duluth.

Called Subaru's road side assistance and got the spare on without dying.

Once we got home, I looked at the tire and found a small puncture in the middle of the tread. Hopefully it can be patched.

So ya, I did that to my Forester today.

Also, do you think driving 45mph for about 55 miles with the spare could have done any damage to my rear diff? The only thing the manual says is to make sure to only use the spare on the rear wheels and go under 50.

38. tangledupinblu

^I would imagine that it would be fine! Now driving on it for two or three months like some people would probably be a different story. Lol

Sunday Sheen and i pulled the turbo and found my oil leak. Return line flange wasn't "true" and was leaking past the gasket. Ran it back to Midwest Turbo Connection where i had it rebuilt and the took care of it without any questions. Smoothed out the flange and threw on a new gasket for me. No moar leaks!

Down pipe covered in earl...:eek:
    IMG_3626.JPG
    The culprit...
    IMG_3643.JPG

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  39. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

I got the engine in mine today. Everything is hooked up except the down pipe due to needing to get my mid pipe's flex pipe fixed or even look for a diff. exhaust. then I lost a nut for the battery tie down. fluids need to be topped off.

40. tangledupinblu

Atta boy!

41. DIRTY D

DIRTY D Well-Known Member

Finally installed led light bars for those morning portage up to the Bwca trips. almost looks Audi like. 20161126_141425.jpg

wagonsrumble and Jason C like this.
  42. Jason C

Jason C Well-Known Member

Installed LED DRL bezels from SubiSpeed and disabled the high beam DRL function. Much brighter than the C-lights for DRL use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

43. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

Actually did this a while ago but never got around to posting it. After splurging on an Accessport and a tune from JM Auto, I installed a pair of color-coded toggle switches to control the flash connectors so I wouldn't have to crawl under the dash to switch tunes. Also added a flexible floor-mount holder for the Accessport and an OBD extension cable to clean things up. Works very nicely.
    2016-12-03 12.54.40.jpg 2016-12-03 12.55.02.jpg 2016-12-03 12.55.23.jpg

44. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Question. How did you get the tunes from JM to work with the AccessPort? Have been looking into going with them but was told/have heard that their open source tunes aren't AP compatible or something. I could definitely be wrong, so hopefully you can clarify with experience. Thanks.

45. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

Devin just created a couple custom maps for e85 and pump gas and stored them both on my Accessport. Pretty sure all the reputable tuners in the area are able to do tunes for AP, would be kind of useless if they couldn't since so many people use them.

Krazylegz1485 likes this.