What did you do to your subaru today?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by PRA4SNO, Jul 13, 2008.

1. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

In that case, you'd be stuck filling up with 91/92 and would have to baby the car. Stay out of boost if at all possible to avoid knock due to the lower octane. Once you find some 93, top it off...but even still you'd have diluted 93 oct if you still have some 91/92 in the tank.

Dual maps are no problem, but you're going to pay more for having dual maps (two tunes essentially). On top of that, it's kind of a pain to have to switch back and forth from one map to another. If you wire your green test connectors on a convenient toggle switch, it's not as bad...keeps you from having to crawl under the dash at the gas station.

If it were me, I'd just go with a 91 tune. Again, 93 isn't as easy for me to find around here and if doing any travelling it can become a burden having to find it or plan your fill ups along the way. I'm not certain there's a whole lot more to gain going 93 over 91 anyway. Definitely not the jump in power you'd get from an e85 map. Just my 2 cents...even though you didn't ask for it :D

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  2. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Your 2 cents are usually worth it, so thanks for the insight. I don't have nearly as much 93 access as I had before. I think there were 2 in Owatonna, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Must be nice living down in corn country, tho, for E85 availability.

joebush44 likes this.
  3. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. Really nice checklist of things I've got to check out beforehand, so that'll help quite a bit.

ocie likes this.
  4. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

Yep, much easier to find e85 than it is to find 93 down this way! :thumbup:

5. ocie

ocie Member

Thank you for the detail! At this point, the availability drawback of 93 hasn't deterred me from going with it. If it does become a burden, I'll just go back and get a 91 tune too. :D

Totally agree. I found it very useful.

joebush44 likes this.
  6. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Admired them from the garage.
    IMG_8061.JPG

ocie and joebush44 like this.
  7. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Had a mini MN-Subaru meet on Saturday. Dan, Dan, Jesse, Brian and I went up to the open house at the offroad park in Gilbert. Only me actually driving a Subaru, though, and even then, only for part of the day.

There were also several MNSubaru guys from Duluth that were there.

[​IMG]

Also, our 3-month old slept in her car seat in the car for several hours of mild trail riding. Pretty cool!

MN_XV_712 likes this.