What is your most recent purchase? - pics required.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WRX1, Apr 1, 2012.

1. twiztid_rs

twiztid_rs Well-Known Member

It'll be a bit as I'm a broke parent. Looking at a complete upper with 18" fluted barrel and Leupold scope. I would like a different stock but will run standard for the time being as I'm trying to stay on my self imposed budget. Hoping to be all together this summer. Maybe sooner if I get a few extra coating jobs

2. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Thursday was an expensive day.
    IMG_1519.JPG IMG_1521.JPG

Attached Files:

tangledupinblu likes this.
  3. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

1,200 miles later, its home. No where near the power my previous STi had, but as much, if not more fun

Attached Files:

ryjacobs likes this.
  4. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

The Duh-sun!!!

Sweet new addition Josh!

5. NaMinesClarence

NaMinesClarence Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I have a thing for orange bikes. ;-)

JuStaWRX likes this.
  6. Ryan FailRad

Ryan FailRad Well-Known Member

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    Aaand that makes 4 sets of wheels for one car... That doesn't have the ability to drive right now... Do I have a problem?

joebush44 likes this.
  7. tangledupinblu

Yes, a list of them. But that is for another thread.

Good looking set of BBS rimz Faily-failz!

Ryan FailRad likes this.
  8. Ryan FailRad

I see what you did there.. Lol

9. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

Ryan FailRad likes this.
  10. Ryan FailRad

No, that's the p/o of the wheels

11. pillboy

Yes you do.

Ryan FailRad and tangledupinblu like this.
  12. Ryan FailRad

Hey man... (Scratches arm and looks around) know where I can score some wheels?

13. pillboy

Kinda like a woman and shoes...or purses.

Ryan FailRad likes this.
  14. tangledupinblu

Lmao, not "kinda like"...

15. JuStaWRX

JuStaWRX Well-Known Member

Bought these paddle extenders from eBay...Made out of metal, actually pretty weighted, and overall well rated by other users so far. Hoping for at least...oh, 15hp gain. :D
    upload_2016-3-30_21-52-8.png

tangledupinblu, clajiness and Deathly like this.
  16. twiztid_rs

twiztid_rs Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Stock and buffer kit should be here today

17. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

Brought this home on Sat... Bye bye, Audi.
    [​IMG]
    2012 Cayman R ...a rare bird. :ninja:

18. Shancaldazar

Shancaldazar Well-Known Member

6 Ton jackstands! Can get a vehicle 23" off the ground now for working on it. Wonderful compared to my old 2 and 3 Ton Jack stands. Plus the 6 Ton have the double locking feature on them for extra security.

Also then an Eastwood Dual Voltage Powder coating gun (plus tons of supporting stuff). Now I don't have to spray paint my creations! Here's a screwdriver holder I whipped up quickly over the weekend and powder coated a gloss red (just used some HF powder for this since I didn't want to spend a lot of money for my first few times powder coating (and probably screwing it up).

And I can never have enough tools, so my HF 1/4 drive torque wrench was replaced with a Precision Instruments Micrometer Extended Scale torque wrench, and after selling all my ratcheting wrenches, I got some double box end ratcheting wrenches (like them way better)!

Attached Files:

19. pillboy

So how long before this stuff hits your "for sale" thread?

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  20. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

Got the deal of the century on eBay earlier this week on this Keen k-900 drying oven that I'll be using for powder coat curing. Finally picked it up and got it wired today!
    [​IMG]

Terry Ammerman likes this.
  21. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

IMG_20161016_220159_01.jpg

Shane86 and tangledupinblu like this.
  22. tangledupinblu

What's this Mark!? I mean, I know what it is...but what are your plans?

23. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

No solid plans, really. A friend was looking to sell the car to finance building a rally car, and I offered a straight up trade for the Sentra rally car, and after some thought on both sides, we went ahead and did it.

It needs some love, it was a repo before he got it, and he fixed a bunch of stuff, but got too busy to wrap it up. Some suspension work, some chasing fault codes (runs fine) and then a fair bit of cosmetic work (hence the extra bumper covers in the front). Has a K&N CAI, KinetiX Racing stainless intake manifold (blingtastic!), unknown headers, and a Borla Hush cat-back. No idea if it's ever had a tune, if not, it's probably running lean. Somebody spent good money on it at some point, as that KinetiX piece was probably close to a grand by itself at the time it would have been done.

Thoughts after towing it home: Thing is freaking wiiiiiiiide, about 1" of clearance to the trailer fenders on each side. And while the overall length is similar to the Sentra I hauled out there, the wheelbase is much longer, I had to shorten up the tie-down straps noticeably. And it is way heavier than the rally car was, beater truck didn't care too much for that, especially hauling up the valley in Taylor's Falls.

For now, fix the mechanicals, see what I think of driving it, then cosmetics over the winter and decide to sell it in the spring (when people will be looking to buy a sports car, it'd be a terrible sell right now), or keep it (and dare I say, maybe put the WRX up for sale?). Tempted to rallycross it next weekend, actually, but I did just leave my wife alone with the kids for 4-days for LSPR, so that's probably not going to happen.

jblewis likes this.
  24. tangledupinblu

Wow, the Sentra found a new home! That's crazy, never thought that it would happen.

Wish that i was in a spot to ditch the wife and kiddo for LSPR! Well hopefully the trade works out for you!!

25. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

The guy who bought it from me is an even bigger Nissan geek than I am. I've owned at least one Nissan for 25+ years, except one short span of a few months in 2002. He literally owns nothing but Nissans, and a lot of them. So I know the car is in good hands. Plus, I'll probably end up crewing for him at some point.

GrumbleRumble and tangledupinblu like this.
  26. loxx0050

loxx0050 Well-Known Member

I haven't posted here in a while but here are 2 of the most recent purchases I've made (large ones). Didn't take any pics yet but I got one of these:

[​IMG]
    Fleck 5600sxt 48k grain water softener. Works so much better than my old one and it's been 1.5 weeks and still not even close to needing to regenerate.

I also pre-ordered this (release date is this Thursday - Oct 20th):

[​IMG]

Moto Z Play Unlocked.

Hopefully it shows up this week. It'll be nice to have a phone with a sd card slot that works right and no carrier bloatware!! (current phone is a GS5 and it sucks donkey b@lls!). Went through Best Buy because they gave a free battery pack attachment.

27. JuStaWRX

Upgraded my iPhone 5s to the 128GB iPhone 7. Thought I would want the 7 Plus, but it just didn't feel comfortable. So far, loving it. Only thing I am not loving is the result of me trying to put on the screen protector... should have paid the $7 installation fee! (photo taken with old phone)
    IMG_4451.JPG

28. tangledupinblu

Why J, why!!? I have the Lifeproof case on mine. Paying an absurd amount of money for a phone is justification for dropping $80-90 on an indestructible case. Every time mine bounces off the pavement, i am glad that I spent the money!

Oh yeah, nice phone! :p

29. JuStaWRX

Haha, thanks! I will more than likely upgrade the case eventually, but I want to take some time finding one I wanted. Honestly didn't think I'd upgrade until after the holidays, so I didn't do much research on cases yet. This one was one of the "cheapies" that they had in-store, and will do until I decide on something more heavy duty.

I have had a few otter boxes, but the bulkiness is a pain. I will check out the Lifeproof cases!

30. tangledupinblu

JuStaWRX likes this.
  31. JuStaWRX

32. tangledupinblu

Hahaha! I have only had Lifeproof cases on my iphones for the past 4-5 years. I work construction and they take a TON of abuse with no damage to the phone. The ONLY bitch that i have is that the fingerprint recognition doesn't work that well with it. But meh.

33. UnquenchableOne

UnquenchableOne Well-Known Member

I very much agree. I used LifeProof for ages. Some generations had issues with muffling the sound, and the adapter for the 3.5mm jack was annoying, but the protection was insanely nice. I had a waiter dump a pitcher of something on my phone on the table. Just drowned it, but since I had that case I was just laughing while it happened.
    I have a Galaxy S7 now so I went with a tech21 case. Seems to do OK for falls, and the phone itself is pretty good for liquids. Since my phone does the wireless fast charge I like a lower profile case.
    Oh, so to add to the thread then...
    Samsung Fast Wireless Charge Stand. For sitting next to me at my PC.
    Also, I really recommend the http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/zerotouch The software works well, but I found it not useful because my phone works great with the 17 bluetooth on the wrx. The mount itself is what I truly like. A simple suction cup mount that fits in that spot in front of the shifter but still out of the way. It is magnetic so just throw your phone in that general direction and done!
    [​IMG]

34. Jason C

Jason C Well-Known Member

Seiko SBDX017 Marine Master 300m. I love Seiko dive watches (and watches in general) and this one was a "holy grail" watch for me I've been after for a decade now. Happy to be able to realize the goal.

[​IMG]

ocie, TMF and clajiness like this.
  35. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Very nice! I've become a fan of Seiko watches myself...started with a Seiko 5 (SNK807) and then I picked up a Seiko Diver SKX009. The diver is becoming one of my most common wearers in my rotation.

However this was my "holy grail" that I was able to get last year:
    [​IMG]

ocie and Jason C like this.
  36. Jason C

Gotta love the Seamaster! Very nice! Something about divers that appeal to me, even though I do not swim... Heck I take off my watch before washing dishes, bathing the kids, washing the dogs, etc.

The ideal Omega for me would have to be the Speedmaster Moonwatch. I generally do not wear chronographs, but that one is iconic and I would love to have one in my collection some day.

TMF likes this.
  37. ocie

ocie Well-Known Member

Both divers are great looking! I just bought my first automatic watch back in August:

Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic

[​IMG]

TMF likes this.
  38. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

PS, we do have a watch thread: https://mnsubaru.com/threads/the-official-watches-thread.46549/
    Agreed, the moonwatch is a classic. Some day!
    Nice! I have a Hamilton as well...I think it was my second automatic watch.

Jason C and ocie like this.
  39. Jason C

Cool! Didn't know we had a watch thread. I'll move future watch talk over there.

40. clajiness

clajiness Well-Known Member

Picked up a new 15" MacBook Pro.

IMG_0128.jpg

pillboy likes this.
  41. pillboy

Any kind of a deal, or MSRP? Wife wants one.

42. clajiness

I used the Friends and Family 15% discount from a buddy who works at the Apple Store. I worked there quite a while ago, so it's good to hang on to those friendships. :) Loving the machine though. Pretty fantastic all around.

43. clajiness

Sold my Drobos and added a Synology 1815+ to my network/server setup. Running 28TB raw now. :)
    IMG_0151.jpg

44. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Nice, Synology is generally a good product. What did you populate it with? I'm told setting up a SSD cache on them really boosts the performance.

If I were going to build out a storage system that big at home, I think I'd pick up a used HP Proliant DL180SE G6 (14 drive bays) and run Linux on it, BUT I have the luxury of being able to put a big noisy server box down in the basement away from everything. You can get them from $150 up and at $300 you get dual 6-core CPUs and 48GB of memory, so you can do a *lot* with it beyond simple storage.

45. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Damnit. I talked myself into it. Got one with 2x hex core cpus and 96GB on the way now.

clajiness likes this.